Crowsnest Pass Caricatures

I was asked a couple weeks ago to draw caricatures for a government agency at the Crowsnest Pass in the Frank Slide Interpretive Centre. (more on that later...). I drew mostly kids as it was a family event with my daughter Cara helping me by face painting the kids. I really enjoyed this event, great staff, venue and even liked the drive!
This young fella has a handshake that would break your fingers.......:)
The story behind the Interpretive Centre where I drew caricatures is an interesting and sad one at the same time. It was a small mining town located below Turtle Mountain. In 1903 it took about 100 seconds to have 90 million tons of limestone to come down the side of the mountain ( it's still hard to visualize that!). Around 70 to 90 people were killed during that horrific act, some bodies were never found. Below is a great turn of that century photo.